Initially released 12th March, 2009
- Win32: Lord-1.0.1-Win32.zip
- Mac OSX: Lord-1.0-OSX.dmg (Universal Binary, requires OSX 10.4 or later)
- Live Subversion repository: http://www.vectorstorm.org/svn/repos/VectorStorm/branches/GAW-006-Lord
Keep the infection from spreading across the whole planet by placing energy walls in the way of the spreading infection. When you lose all of your population centers (bright white glowing areas), or too much of the planet is infected, the game is over. Beware; unsupported pylons (that is, ones connected to only a single wall) will fail after 30 seconds. Warning: Energy walls with infection on both sides will fail immediately. Warning: You cannot place an energy wall in such a way that it would cross or overlap with an existing wall.
Use the arrow keys or right-mouse-button-drag to move around the planet. Mouse wheel to zoom in and out from overhead “map” view to something closer to a first-person view. Left click to place an energy wall. (The wall will draw in red, if it cannot be placed at the current location)
Game Design, Code & Gfx: Trevor Powell ( trevor (at) vectorstorm.org ) Music: Beth Quist – Planet Lord, Save Us From That Horrible Land uses OpenGL, SDL, SDL_Image, SDL_Mixer, and GLEW.
- 12 March, 2009: Initial release.
- 13 March, 2009: Win32 1.0.1 release, providing missing DLLs being sneakily used by SDL_Image.